* I worked a half day this morning. Feeling slightly more competent every day, but I still don't feel like I could do this on my own. I guess I'll be jumping in the deep end by the end of this week.
* While I was at work this morning, Kim finished packing and loaded up her car. She was out for lunch with friends when I got home and when she got back, we said our good-byes and she was off. Tears and hugs all around. Charlotte doesn't really get it and was her usual chipper self as she gave Kim a hug and skipped away, not understanding that Kim has moved out and we won't see her for a month or more.
* As Kim drove south to school, the rest of us drove northeast for a quick trip to the city. I cried for the first half hour then distracted myself by reading a midwifery novel followed by some retail therapy.
* We printed enlargements of Kim's grad pictures as well as the couple's pictures Jack and I had done in April. I bought frames and will hopefully get them up tomorrow.
* A few last minute things to pick up for the Littles for school and dance; Julia declared it "an awesome day, except for Kim leaving
." Charlotte is *so* excited that she's doing ballet this Fall; she tells everyone and anyone who looks her way, "I'm doing ballet!"
* I've put aside Game of Thrones for now - just can't get into it. I'm reading The Birth House instead.
* Julia goes to her first day of Grade 5 tomorrow. Grade 5 !?!? When did THAT happen!? I wonder if she's going to want her dear ol' mom to walk her to school this year; she still did last
* It's so strange to see Kim's room so empty, to know she won't be here every night. She's been packing up her room bit by bit all summer....
Her room will look much different the next time she's home - new paint, different bed, less furniture - hopefully it will be ready by the time my family comes to visit in October.
Julia was excited to go through her school supplies, label everything and pack her bag for school :-)
And this afternoon, Kim climbed in her car, waved, and headed off to university. *sniff* I'm so proud of her and I know she'll be ok, but it's hard to let her go.